Abortion is not just a termination of pregnancy. It is a procedure that removes a baby who would like to live.
Numerous counselling interviews with women that had an abortion reveal: abortion carries a high risk of prolonged grief and sadness. A lot of women subsequently wish to make an abortion undone. The statements on this page tell their own tale.
The Swiss Aid for Mother and Child (SAMC) counsels and helps women, couples and families who get into serious difficulties due to an unplanned pregnancy. Together with the people affected it searches for solutions that remove the problems. This service is confidential, professional, and free of charge.
Testimony of women who were in despair and have received counselling and help from the SAMC:
Ria: «I am so happy that the SAMC is here, and really helps. … Today I am so glad that I have my child. Whenever I look at her, I feel so guilty that I almost aborted her.»
Lea: «My son is the greatest gift that I have ever received. I am speechless, nobody has ever helped me in my life. It is Christmas for me! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and send you a huge hug.»
Zoe: «You supported me so well that I have been able to say yes to my child.»
Pia: «Thank you for everything! It is wonderful that you are here to help!»
Gina: «That the SAMC was always there for me gave me the security and confidence to decide for my baby.»
Emma: «Without your support, I wouldn’t have got through both of those conflicts … I haven’t regretted not going through with the abortion for one second.»
Distressing stories about the life after an abortion.
Why many consequences of an abortion are still tabu in psychiatry.
Dr. Angelika Pokropp-Hippen, a specialist in general medicine and a psychotherapist with her own practice in Münster (Germany), is largely experienced with patients suffering from post-abortion syndrome.
More than 20 years ago, Bernard Nathanson, a world-famous doctor, using ultra-sound recording technology, has filmed the behaviour of an embryo during an abortion.
In the following you learn about the numerous methods and ways that have been invented to make abortions possible.
The sad truth behind abortion shown on pictures.
- Because no other word sounds as tender as "Mommy"
- Because children say, "I love you" a thousand times
- Because I can be proud to be a mother
- Because spending time with a child is more exciting than a disco
- Because no one can force me to say no to a baby
- Because a baby helps to solve many problems
- Because even tough men soften up around babies
- Because a baby boosts my self-esteem
- Because I know I will never be alone, even in old age
- Because we can finally celebrate Mother's and Father's Day
- Because a baby means having a future
- Because the world desperately needs new talent
- Because a baby needs me
- Because a baby is the most beautiful proof of love
- Because God wants babies to live
- Because it is so beautiful and fun to find the perfect name
- Because children make you happy
- Because it is so beautiful, to look into a child’s eyes
- Because hearing a baby laughing sounds even better than the most beautiful melody
- Because I get back a thousand times the love I give a baby
- Because you stay younger longer with children
- Because pregnant women become more and more beautiful each day – they shine from the inside out
- Because you can finally read fairy tales again
- Because hearing a baby laugh releases endorphins in the mother’s system
- Because this country needs more love
- Because babies smell so good
- Because a child asks questions and you have to think to answer them
- Because nothing in the world feels more delicate than a baby's skin
- Because you can go to the beach and build sand castles
- Because a world without babies makes no sense
- Because you can dress children up in cute clothes
- Because it will be the most beautiful baby in the whole world
- Because a child gives new hope and courage